|This article is about a real-world person. Information should only be added if it is reputably sourced.|
Take (竹) also known by her online handle Takegarou (竹画廊) is a Japanese illustrator and the lead character designer of World's End Club. Take is best known for her work as the illustrator of light novel series Katanagatari and Zaregoto, as well as her character designs featured in the video games Pokémon Sun and Moon.
Take was born on December 21st, 1983, and she lives in Tokyo, Japan. She began drawing when she was around 3 or 4 years old. She did not like studying very much, but was always praised for drawing. She felt that it would be nice to draw pictures that were needed by someone, so they frequently drew pictures for their friends, family, and schoolteachers. In her elementary graduation statement, she wrote "I will get a job related to painting in the future". 
When Take was around 15 or 16 years old, she discovered bulletin boards online, and participated in oekaki boards. At 17, her work was discovered by an editor at Kodansha, and Take made her professional debut illustrating the first light novel of Nisio Isin's Zaregoto series.
She predominantly illustrates using Adobe Illustrator, but sometimes uses Adobe Photoshop and Paint Tool SAI. She is a fan of and influenced by the works of Osamu Tezuka, Studio Ghibli, Tatsunoko Production and Akiman. 
Work on World's End Club
Take is the lead character designer of World's End Club. She was chosen because creators Kazutaka Kodaka and Kotaro Uchikoshi thought it would be funny to choose someone whose art style was at odds with the darkness of Uchikoshi's scenario. Kodaka had been a long-time admirer of Take's work. While designing the characters, Take wanted to evoke feelings of "I wish this kid had been in my class!". She wanted to do the characters justice since they were children from the same time period as her own childhood.
Notable Other Works
- Zaregoto (light novels): Covers & illustrations
- Katanagatari (light novels): Covers & illustrations
- Maniwagatari (light novels): Covers & illustrations
- Wooser's Hand-to-Mouth Life (anime): Episode 2 endcard
- Bravely Default (video game): Additional character design
- Japan Animator Expo (anime OVA): Character design for episode 19, "I can Friday by day!"
- Pokémon Sun and Moon (video game): Character design (Aether Lab characters)
- Fate/Grand Order (mobile game): Event concept art
- Pokémon Sword and Shield (video game): Character design (misc. Gym leaders)
- Art Homepage: https://sai-zen-sen.jp/special/takegarou/
- Professional Art Twitter: @takegarou
- Personal Art Twitter: @_take_oekaki
- Japanese Wikipedia: 竹(イラストレーター)
- Wacom: イラストレーターのわ第3回/竹 (Date Unknown)
- Famitsu: Article: Death March Club (translated by @Jinjojess) (October 4th, 2018)